The Social Network was rated PG-13 for "sexual content, drug and alcohol use and language." This implies that the seemingly R-rated scene in which star Justin Timberlake does cocaine off a co-ed's breast didn't make the final cut, though it's also possible the MPAA somehow dubbed it PG-13-worthy. The David Fincher-directed, Aaron Sorkin-penned movie about the founding of Facebook is slated to open Oct. 1, opposite horror remake Let Me In and long-shelved supernatural thriller Case 39.
Morning Glory received a PG-13 rating for "some sexual content including dialogue, language and brief drug references." The movie stars Rachel McAdams as an aspiring TV producer who has to reign in the conflicting egos of two morning show hosts, played by Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton. The J.J. Abrams production is currently scheduled to open in limited release on Nov. 12, though, with the talent involved, a nationwide release is almost certain to occur at some point.
The King's Speech was rated R for "some language." Starring Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter, the period drama has been received raves from the Telluride Film Festival and the Toronto International Film Festival and is set to debut in limited release on Nov. 24.
The Company Men earned an R rating for "language and brief nudity." Starring Ben Affleck, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Costner and Chris Cooper as men affected by the economic downturn, the Sundance hit opens in limited release on Oct. 22 with planned expansions on Oct. 29 and Nov. 5.
After grossing $96,658 in its opening weekend, documentary I'm Still Here officially received an R rating for "sexual material, graphic nudity, pervasive language, some drug use and crude content."
• 2010 Preview: The Social Network
• MPAA Ratings: 'Let Me In,' 'Hereafter' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Avatar: Special Edition,' 'Resident Evil 4,' 'The Town' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Devil,' 'Machete'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Due Date,' 'Red,' 'The American' and More• MPAA Ratings: 'Predators,' 'Tree of Life'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Saw VII,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Last Airbender,' 'The Expendables,' 'The Last Exorcism'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Salt,' 'Dinner for Schmucks,' 'Jonah Hex' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Knight & Day,' 'Eat Pray Love,' 'Grease Sing-Along' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The A-Team,' 'Step Up 3-D'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Grown Ups,' 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Inception,' 'Killers,' 'Cabin in the Woods'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Sex and the City 2,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Iron Man 2,' 'Going the Distance,' 'The Rum Diary'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Death at a Funeral,' 'Animal Kingdom,' 'Last Night'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Splice,' 'Your Highness,' 'Secretariat'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart