The A-Team was rated PG-13 for "intense sequences of action and violence throughout, language and smoking." This rating lines up with similar television show adaptations like S.W.A.T., Charlie's Angels and the Mission: Impossible series. The A-Team opens June 11 opposite another 1980s revival, The Karate Kid.
Step Up 3-D received a PG-13 rating for "brief strong language." The first two entries in the Step Up series, also rated PG-13 but in 2D, made $65.3 million and $58 million, respectively. Step Up 3-D debuts Aug. 6, along with the Will Ferrell-Mark Wahlberg comedy The Other Guys.
A number of smaller upcoming releases were also assigned ratings. Countdown to Zero, a Magnolia Pictures documentary about the nuclear arms race, was rated PG for "thematic material, images of destruction and incidental smoking." It opens in limited release on July 9.
Another Magnolia movie, [Rec] 2, also hits select theaters on that date, and was rated R for "strong bloody violence, disturbing images and pervasive language." The Spanish horror sequel has already netted over $17 million overseas.
Finally, crime drama The Killer Inside Me, starring Casey Affleck, Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson, received an R rating for "disturbing brutal violence, aberrant sexual content and some graphic nudity." The Killer Inside Me opens in limited release on June 18.
• 2010 Preview: 'The A-Team'• MPAA Ratings: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Grown Ups,' 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Inception,' 'Killers,' 'Cabin in the Woods'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Sex and the City 2,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Iron Man 2,' 'Going the Distance,' 'The Rum Diary'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Death at a Funeral,' 'Animal Kingdom,' 'Last Night'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Splice,' 'Your Highness,' 'Secretariat'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart