Devil has been rated PG-13 for "violence and disturbing images, thematic material and some language including sexual references." The movie, which is produced but not directed by M. Night Shyamalan, finds a group of people trapped in an elevator, with one of them being the devil in disguise. Devil opens Sept. 17 opposite Alpha and Omega, Easy A and The Town.
Similar to its inspiration Grindhouse, Machete received an R rating for "strong bloody violence throughout, language, some sexual content and nudity." Back in April 2007, Grindhouse disappointed with an $11.6 million opening weekend on its way to just over $25 million. Machete hacks into theaters this Labor Day weekend, debuting against George Clooney's The American.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Due Date,' 'Red,' 'The American' and More• MPAA Ratings: 'Predators,' 'Tree of Life'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Saw VII,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Last Airbender,' 'The Expendables,' 'The Last Exorcism'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Salt,' 'Dinner for Schmucks,' 'Jonah Hex' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Knight & Day,' 'Eat Pray Love,' 'Grease Sing-Along' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The A-Team,' 'Step Up 3-D'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Grown Ups,' 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Inception,' 'Killers,' 'Cabin in the Woods'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Sex and the City 2,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Iron Man 2,' 'Going the Distance,' 'The Rum Diary'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Death at a Funeral,' 'Animal Kingdom,' 'Last Night'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Splice,' 'Your Highness,' 'Secretariat'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart