Horror remake Let Me In received an R rating for "strong bloody horror violence, language and a brief sexual situation." Let the Right One In was also rated R and has thus far grossed over $11 million worldwide. Featuring Chloe Moretz, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Richard Jenkins, Let Me In opens Oct. 1, opposite The Social Network and Case 39.
Director Clint Eastwood's upcoming supernatural drama Hereafter was rated PG-13 for "mature thematic elements including disturbing disaster and accident images, and for brief strong language." The movie, which stars Matt Damon, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jay Mohr and Richard Kind, debuts Oct. 22 against fellow supernatural-themed movie Paranormal Activity 2.
Love and Other Drugs was awarded an R rating for "strong sexual content, nudity, pervasive language, and some drug material." The drama finds Jake Gyllenhaal's smooth-talking pharmaceutical salesman falling for a free-spirited woman, played by Anne Hathaway. Directed by Edward Zwick, Love and Other Drugs faces Tangled, Faster and Burlesque over Thanksgiving weekend (Red Dawn is still technically scheduled for that date as well, but it's widely assumed MGM's financial problems will keep it from being released until sometime in 2011).
Three of Sony Pictures Classics upcoming movies received ratings this week beginning with Made in Dagenham, which earned an R rating for "language and brief sexuality." It's set to open in limited release on Nov. 19. French animated movie The Illusionist was rated PG for "thematic elements and smoking," and is currently scheduled for Christmas Day. Finally, Mike Leigh's Another Year, starring Jim Broadbent and Imelda Staunton, earned a PG-13 for "some language" and debuts Dec. 29.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Avatar: Special Edition,' 'Resident Evil 4,' 'The Town' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Devil,' 'Machete'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Due Date,' 'Red,' 'The American' and More• MPAA Ratings: 'Predators,' 'Tree of Life'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Saw VII,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Last Airbender,' 'The Expendables,' 'The Last Exorcism'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Salt,' 'Dinner for Schmucks,' 'Jonah Hex' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Knight & Day,' 'Eat Pray Love,' 'Grease Sing-Along' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The A-Team,' 'Step Up 3-D'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Grown Ups,' 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Inception,' 'Killers,' 'Cabin in the Woods'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Sex and the City 2,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Iron Man 2,' 'Going the Distance,' 'The Rum Diary'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Death at a Funeral,' 'Animal Kingdom,' 'Last Night'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Splice,' 'Your Highness,' 'Secretariat'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart