The latest Narnia movie was rated PG for "some frightening images and sequences of fantasy violence." The previous two entries were also rated PG, and combined to earn over $1.16 billion worldwide (just under two-thirds of this came from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe). The Voyage of the Dawn Treader opens Dec. 10 opposite Johnny Depp-Angelina Jolie romantic thriller The Tourist.
Yogi Bear was awarded a PG for "some mild rude humor." This was the same rating that accompanied the similar live-action talking animal Alvin and the Chipmunks movies, which have grossed over $800 million worldwide. Yogi Bear debuts Dec. 17 against Tron Legacy, James L. Brooks' How Do You Know, and The Fighter's nationwide expansion.
Alien invasion movie Skyline earned a PG-13 for "sequences of intense sci-fi action and violence, some language, and brief sexual content." Directed by the Strause Brothers, Skyline shares its Nov. 12 date with runaway train thriller Unstoppable.
Nine months before it hits theaters, Zookeeper received a PG rating for "some rude and suggestive humor, and language." Starring Kevin James as the titular character tasked with maintaining a zoo full of talking animals, the comedy opens July 8 opposite action comedy One For the Money.
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son received a PG-13 rating for "some sexual humor and brief violence." This follows suit with the previous two entries in the Big Momma series which have earned a combined $187 million domestically. The third Big Momma opens Feb. 18 against sci-fi adventure I Am Number Four and thriller Dream House.
The MPAA also handed out ratings for a few upcoming limited releases. The Nutcracker in 3D was rated PG for "thematic material, scary images, action and brief smoking." The latest take on the classic ballet opens Nov. 24. Documentary Cool It, which is slated for Nov. 12, was tagged with a PG rating for "thematic elements," while currently-undated romantic comedy HappyThankYouMorePlease earned an R rating for "language."
• MPAA Ratings: 'For Colored Girls,' 'Tangled'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part One)'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Megamind,' 'The Next Three Days'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Social Network,' 'Morning Glory' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Let Me In,' 'Hereafter' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Avatar: Special Edition,' 'Resident Evil 4,' 'The Town' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Devil,' 'Machete'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Due Date,' 'Red,' 'The American' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Predators,' 'Tree of Life'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Saw VII,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart