Red Riding Hood was rated PG-13 for "violence and creature terror, and some sensuality." This rating reaffirmed that the movie will be geared more towards the Twilight audience and less towards creature feature fans. With a cast headlined by Amanda Seyfried, Red Riding Hood opens March 11 opposite Battle: Los Angeles and Mars Needs Moms.
Dramatic comedy Larry Crowne earned a PG-13 for "brief strong language and some sexual content." The movie marks Tom Hanks' first directorial effort since That Thing You Do! in 1996, and stars Hanks opposite romantic interest Julia Roberts. Larry Crowne debuts July 1 against Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Monte Carlo.
The Lincoln Lawyer was judged worthy of an R rating for "some violence, sexual content and language." The Matthew McConaughey-Ryan Phillippe crime drama faces Paul and Limitless on March 18.
Two of Disney's upcoming family features received ratings this week. Prom was rated PG for "mild language and a brief fight" and is scheduled for April 29 along with Fast Five and Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil. African Cats received an innocuous G rating, which was the same as Disneynature's previous movies Earth and Oceans. The documentary opens on a currently crowded April 22 (Earth Day) against Water for Elephants, Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family, Born to Be a Star and Apollo 18.
Passion Play earned an R rating for "language, some sexuality/nudity, violence and brief drug use." The thriller stars Mickey Rourke and Megan Fox and has yet to settle on a release date.
A handful of limited releases also received ratings this week. Meek's Cutoff, a Western starring Michelle Williams, was rated PG for "some mild violent content, brief language and smoking." The movie hits select theaters on April 8. French comedy Potiche received an R rating for "some sexuality," and, after earning more than $21 million overseas, it's set to hit some U.S. locations on March 25. Finally, Bride Flight was awarded an R rating for "a strong sex scene and some graphic nudity." The drama opens April 29.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Bridesmaids,' 'Justin Bieber,' 'Winnie the Pooh'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Rango,' 'Something Borrowed'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Just Go With It,' 'The Rite' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Green Hornet,' 'No Strings Attached' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'I Am Number Four,' 'Hanna,' 'Blue Valentine'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Tron Legacy,' 'Little Fockers' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'True Grit,' 'Source Code,' 'Drive Angry'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Fighter,' 'Paul,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Tourist,' 'How Do You Know' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Adjustment Bureau,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Monte Carlo'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart