Rango was rated PG for "rude humor, language, action and smoking." While a PG is a somewhat rare rating for an animated movie, it's not altogether surprising for Rango given its western setting. Directed by Gore Verbinski and featuring the vocal talents of Johnny Depp, Rango opens March 4 opposite Beastly, The Adjustment Bureau and Take Me Home Tonight.
Romantic comedy Something Borrowed earned a PG-13 rating for "sexual content including dialogue, and some drug material." The movie stars Ginnifer Goodwin, Kate Hudson and John Krasinski and kicks off the summer on May 6 against Thor and Jumping the Broom.
The Resident was tagged with an R rating for "violence, language and brief sexuality/nudity." As it is currently without a distributor or release date, it's unclear right now if the Hilary Swank-Jeffrey Dean Morgan horror thriller will hit theaters in the U.S.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Just Go With It,' 'The Rite' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Green Hornet,' 'No Strings Attached' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'I Am Number Four,' 'Hanna,' 'Blue Valentine'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Tron Legacy,' 'Little Fockers' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'True Grit,' 'Source Code,' 'Drive Angry'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Fighter,' 'Paul,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Tourist,' 'How Do You Know' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Adjustment Bureau,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Monte Carlo'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart