Bridesmaids was rated R for "some strong sexuality, and language throughout." This follows in the footsteps of other Judd Apatow-produced adult-leaning comedies like Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express and Get Him to the Greek. The Kristen Wiig vehicle opens May 13 against comic book adaptation Priest.
Justin Bieber: Never Say Never and Winnie the Pooh each received a G rating. While this innocuous designation is somewhat rare, it's not altogether surprising: previous Pooh outings The Tigger Movie and Piglet's Big Movie were also rated G, as were recent teen idol concert documentaries Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience and Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour. Never Say Never opens Feb. 11 against Just Go With It, Gnomeo and Juliet and The Eagle, while Winnie the Pooh is currently scheduled for July 15, opposite Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
Horror movie Insidious, from Saw director James Wan, earned a PG-13 for "thematic material, violence, terror and frightening images, and brief strong language." This is upstart distributor FilmDistrict's first release, and it's set to debut April 1 against Hop and Source Code.
Almost a year after it first received its PG-13 rating, a new cut of Beastly was resubmitted to the ratings board for review. It retained the rating, though it's reasoning subbed in "thematic material" for "drug references." The movie is currently scheduled to open March 4 opposite Rango, The Adjustment Bureau and Take Me Home Tonight.
Beginners was rated R for "language and some sexual content." The Focus Features drama stars Ewan McGregor and is scheduled for limited release on June 3.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Rango,' 'Something Borrowed'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Just Go With It,' 'The Rite' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Green Hornet,' 'No Strings Attached' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'I Am Number Four,' 'Hanna,' 'Blue Valentine'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Tron Legacy,' 'Little Fockers' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'True Grit,' 'Source Code,' 'Drive Angry'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Fighter,' 'Paul,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Tourist,' 'How Do You Know' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Adjustment Bureau,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Monte Carlo'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart