The Green Hornet received a PG-13 for "sequences of violent action, language, sensuality and drug content." This was similar to most superhero movies but unique for a movie written by and starring Seth Rogen. The Green Hornet opens Jan. 14 opposite The Dilemma and The Heart Specialist.
No Strings Attached took a step towards being a certifiable sex comedy by earning an R rating for "sexual content, language and some drug material." Starring Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman, No Strings Attached is 2011's first of two movies featuring friends who decide to engage in casual sex (the aptly-titled Friends with Benefits is the other). The movie is set to debut Jan. 21 against Peter Weir epic The Way Back.
Mars Needs Moms was rated PG for "sci-fi action and peril." While Disney animated movies tend to be rated G, a few non-Pixar computer-animated movies like Bolt and Dinosaur were also rated PG. Mars Needs Moms is currently scheduled for March 11 alongside Battle: Los Angeles and Red Riding Hood.
Crazy, Stupid, Love. was assigned a PG-13 rating for "coarse humor, sexual content and language." Starring Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore and a handful of other noteworthy actors, the comedy was recently moved to July 29, where it will square off against Cowboys & Aliens.
After earning a PG-13 rating last week, I Am Number Four's rating explanation received a slight tweak. It's now listed as having "brief language" instead of just "language."
• MPAA Ratings: 'I Am Number Four,' 'Hanna,' 'Blue Valentine'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Tron Legacy,' 'Little Fockers' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'True Grit,' 'Source Code,' 'Drive Angry'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Fighter,' 'Paul,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Tourist,' 'How Do You Know' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Adjustment Bureau,' 'Harry Potter,' 'Monte Carlo'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Narnia 3,' 'Yogi Bear,' 'Skyline' & More
• New MPAA Ratings Chart