With $32.9M in 3,442 theaters Ted 2, however, didn't really make a run at the spot, making less than even the most pessimistic pundits had placed it. Universal's own estimates had the film at $45M - $50M making Ted 2 the second Seth MacFarlane film to under-perform for them. A Million Ways to Die in the West opened in 3,158 venues on May 30 of last year to a still-surprisingly low $16.8M weekend. Ted 2 has a B+ CinemaScore.
Included in the Universal report is another Jurassic World record. The film also crossed the $500M mark domestically, the fastest any film has done that, crossing the milestone in 17 days (6/12/2015 - 6/28/2015). The previous record holder, Marvel's The Avengers, pulled it off in 23 days (5/4/2012 - 5/26/2012).
Max, the PTSD dog movie, slacked its pace a little off of its hearty $4.3M on Friday. Warner Bros is reporting that it took in $12.2M (was estimated at $13M) for the weekend in 2,855 venues for a $4,277 per theater take. The film as an "A" CinemaScore so it may look to have legs.
In holdover news Spy continues to prove that it has just that, taking another easy -25% decline, making $7.8M (last weekend $10.4M). The film's domestic gross is $88.3M
San Andreas, on the other hand, dropped -59% from last week, making $3.4M in 2,032 venues (last week - $8.2M) with $141.9M in domestic gross.
Dope took a -52.3% decline off last week's $6M, adding $2.86M to Open Road's coffers in 1,851 locations, a $1,545 per-theater take.
Internationally, Jurassic World took in $737.5M this weekend in 66 territories. Its top grossing markets are China ($202M), the U.K. and Ireland ($76.1M), Mexico ($36.9M), Korea ($35.3M), Germany ($35.3M), Australia ($29.4M), France ($29M), and Russia ($21.9M).
Combined with the +500M+ domestic take the film's worldwide total is $1.24B.
Inside Out continued its measured international release pattern, opening in Belgium, Hungary, India, New Zealand, and Trinidad. It has not yet opened in such major markets as Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Korea and Japan. In those international markets where it has been released (44% of the overseas markets) it has made $26.4M for an international cume of $78.5M. Combining the domestic gross of $184.9M with the overseas, which Disney is reporting at $81.5M (adding in advance receipts), Inside Out's worldwide cume is $266.4M.
Discuss this story with fellow Box Office Mojo fans on Facebook. On Twitter, follow us at @boxofficemojo
- 'Jurassic' and 'Inside' Adjust 'Ted''s Weekend
- 'Jurassic' Rex Records
- Friday Report: 'Inside Out' 2nd Best but Beats 'Jurassic'
- 'Inside Out' 'Jurassic' In
- 'Jurassic''s World
- Weekend Report: 'Jurassic World' Indomitable, Rex Box Office
- 'Jurassic' Knocks It Outta the Park
- 'Jurassic''s Thursday-saurus Rex
- 'Jurassic' Takes Over the World
This Weekend in Past Years:
• 2014 - Weekend Report: Fourth 'Transformers' Opens to $300 Million Worldwide
• 2013 - 'Monsters' Repeats, 'Heat' Sets Fire to 'White House'
• 2012 - 'Ted' Gets High, 'Mike' Scores
• 2011 - Pixar Tows 'Cars 2' to Top Spot• 2010 - 'Toy Story 3' Charms Again, Sandler Doesn't Grow, Cruise Capsizes
• 2009 - 'Revenge of the Fallen' Rises with Optimal Debut
• 2007 - 'Ratatouille' Cooks, 'Die Hard' Lives
• 2006 - Sandler Controls Box Office Again
• 2005 - 'Batman' Sweeps 'Bewitched,' Swats Bug
• Weekend Box Office Results
• All-Time Domestic