MPAA Ratings: 'Devil,' 'Machete'
by Ray Subers
August 4, 2010
The Motion Picture Association of America's Classification and Ratings Administration released ratings for Devil and Machete in this morning's weekly bulletin.
Devil has been rated PG-13 for "violence and disturbing images, thematic material and some language including sexual references." The movie, which is produced but not directed by M. Night Shyamalan, finds a group of people trapped in an elevator, with one of them being the devil in disguise. Devil opens Sept. 17 opposite Alpha and Omega, Easy A and The Town.
Similar to its inspiration Grindhouse, Machete received an R rating for "strong bloody violence throughout, language, some sexual content and nudity." Back in April 2007, Grindhouse disappointed with an $11.6 million opening weekend on its way to just over $25 million. Machete hacks into theaters this Labor Day weekend, debuting against George Clooney's The American.
• MPAA Ratings: 'Due Date,' 'Red,' 'The American' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Predators,' 'Tree of Life'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Saw VII,' 'The Girl Who Played with Fire'
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Last Airbender,' 'The Expendables,' 'The Last Exorcism'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Salt,' 'Dinner for Schmucks,' 'Jonah Hex' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Knight & Day,' 'Eat Pray Love,' 'Grease Sing-Along' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The A-Team,' 'Step Up 3-D'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Toy Story 3,' 'Grown Ups,' 'Sorcerer's Apprentice,' & More
• MPAA Ratings: 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Inception,' 'Killers,' 'Cabin in the Woods'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' 'Sex and the City 2,' and More
• MPAA Ratings: 'Iron Man 2,' 'Going the Distance,' 'The Rum Diary'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Death at a Funeral,' 'Animal Kingdom,' 'Last Night'
• MPAA Ratings: 'Splice,' 'Your Highness,' 'Secretariat'
• New MPAA Ratings Chart